I have an idea for a business matchmaking app and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get started. I know there are app makers out there but not sure who is reputable and if I would need an actual website as well. Sinxe this would be an internet based bussiness, I’m not sure what the requirements are for actually setting up the business with the state and collecting payments. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you?
Hi Melissa! So I’ll answer your question very generally and if you want to get into specifics on any one part, just let me know.
1) Your first step should be building your business plan using the Lean Model Canvas (LMC). This will help to find out if your idea will be profitable and help to define your target market. Here’s a link to read more about this.
2) Using the LMC, you’ll be able to make a better judgement call on whether you need an App or just a Responsive Website, which would be cheaper.
3) Once you’ve established your plan, then I would recommend begin building. So you’d have to find an app company, developer, build it yourself, etc. That’s a more in-depth conversation when it comes around.
4) Once you’re business is ready to make money or before you contract out people, you’ll need to register a business, obtain an EIN, and then open a bank account. Please, for the love of God, don’t go with Legalzoom – they are way more expensive than the actual costs for these services.
5) Payments to be collected will depend entirely on the service and platform you’re using.
So in effort to keep this short, I’ve given you an essay. Haha sorry about that and hopefully it’s helpful!